Here's a step by step instruction on how to put a customized shape of anything on your screen into your blog, or an e-mail. These are the steps that I perform.
First, hit your "print screen" button on your keyboard. This essentially captures a picture of whatever happens to be on your screen.
2. I open up my Microsoft Paint program.
3. I click "edit" and then choose "paste"
Now I have that entire screen in my Paint program - but I don't want all of it - just a certain section of it.
4. Click "Image" at the top, and then choose "Crop."
5. Using your mouse, drag a rectangle around whatever section of the screen shot you want to capture as a picture.
6. Click "Copy" and then go up and click on "File," then, "New"
This opens another Paint window.
7. Click "Edit," then "Paste."
Now you have just the rectangle you wanted from the original screen capture in your Paint program.
8. Now, just do a normal "File," "Save As" and you have a Jpeg picture that you can do anything with, including uploading it to your Active Rain blog.
I do this a lot. After a few times - you can get real fast with this.
In fact, here is a partial screen shot of the most recent Featured Post that I am putting here using this exact technique.